[Asterisk-Users] Possible Bug in Asterisk 1.2.0 with Queues and MOH

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Sat Nov 26 22:06:01 MST 2005

I think I discovered a bug.

I have a dual Xeon machine running * 1.2.0

I have a queue defined to play the default music on hold class, which
simply plays an mp3 file.

When a call comes into the queue (note that there are no agents
logged in, but I have joinempty=yes and leavewhenempty=no in
queues.conf) * answers, puts the call in the queue and the caller is
holding "listening" to MOH. What's interesting is that there is no
MOH playing, or at least nothing is heard.

When a second call comes in, the new caller does in fact hear music
on hold. When the first caller hangs up while the second caller is
still waiting, the MOH the second caller was listening to stops
playing until another call comes in and is put into the queue.

It seems that the music on hold is only heard when there are two or
more callers waiting in the queue.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, while testing this, I was running vmstat 1 on a separate window
and it showed me some interesting things about CPU utilization.

When there are no calls, CPU is 100% idle. When the first call comes
in, CPU utilization drops to 50% idle, which, in my case, I think one
of the CPUs is 100% busy and the other is 100% idle. When additional
calls come in, it only drops the idle % by 1-2 percent per call. When
the calls hang up, CPU idle goes back to 100%. At first, I thought it
could be mpg123 taking all the CPU but running top shows a single
(among many) asterisk process using 99.9% of one of the CPUs. This
may be another bug.

Any comments/ideas?

Thanks,
Waldo