[Asterisk-Users] Distinctive ring?

Kristof Hardy kristof.hardy at catsanddogs.com
Sat Nov 26 07:46:53 MST 2005

Kerry Garrison wrote:
> pain to configure) have 4 ring types. I am guessing that I would need to
> figure out how to tell this particular phone to use a different ring tone
> unless there is a way to send a stutter type ring to the phones.

Hi Kerry, I'm also using grandstreams on a few places, have the 'same'
issue/question. Afaik it can't be done with the current Grandsteam
firmware. (at least, you can't command the phone to use tone X, like you
can do with Cisco's)

You can use the phone's built-in "Distinctive Ring Tone:" setting
(Advanced settings), but I'm not aware of any 'wildcard' you can fill in
there, I only got it to work when filling in an 'exact' number.

It could be that the next firmware (should have arrived end of oct)
gives us distinctive ring tones and working hint leds.. Let's hope..

If you do find a way to get any working, please report back to the list,
meanwhile, i'm eagerly waiting for the firmware :)

cheers!