[Asterisk-Users] global numbering plans

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Nov 25 18:07:09 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 01:39 +0100, Michiel van Baak wrote:
> On 16:25, Fri 25 Nov 05, trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> > Due to a very poorly written webapp, it took about 3 days.  I got it
> > from numberingplans.com and the way they get the database info is poorly
> > done.  For each country there are 1-N pages, as the page number
> > increases so does the time it takes to get a single webpage.  A direct
> > 1:1 relationship.  This lets me know they arent doing a limit in the
> > database because that should return at a much more constant rate, but
> > instead their ASP script is doing the processing.  Unless they arent
> > using a database and instead are using flat files, then they really need
> > to think about indexes :P
>
> Lets give them a call to do the database optimalization for
> say $200/hour ;)
ha!  I would gladly accept $200/hr to make my program run faster :)

oh and if they get uppity about me having this (effectively specialized
search engine content :)  I can just publish the perl script that
processes the resulting files (I fetched with lynx, its largely
automated) and everyone can hammer on  their webserver instead of just
one person.  Personally I think its far nicer for just one person to
spider their site like any other search engine (the perl script is after
the spidering) do this than 1000...  but that is just me.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378