[Asterisk-Users] global numbering plans

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Nov 25 17:25:34 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 16:11 -0800, snacktime wrote:
> Thanks Bret.  How difficult was it to compile this list?  I'm assuming
> it's a compilation of pubically available data?  I'd be interested in
> how much work it would be to keep this up to date?

Due to a very poorly written webapp, it took about 3 days.  I got it
from numberingplans.com and the way they get the database info is poorly
done.  For each country there are 1-N pages, as the page number
increases so does the time it takes to get a single webpage.  A direct
1:1 relationship.  This lets me know they arent doing a limit in the
database because that should return at a much more constant rate, but
instead their ASP script is doing the processing.  Unless they arent
using a database and instead are using flat files, then they really need
to think about indexes :P

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378