[Asterisk-Users] is it possible to force faxdetect / disable echo cancellation for a given extension?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Nov 25 08:58:55 MST 2005

I have the newest SpanDSP setup with asterisk 1.2.

Generally, 99% of received faxes are OK, but only about 20% of faxes
sent are delivered properly.

In zapata.conf I have set faxdetect=both, but it doesn't seem to disable
echo cancellation (I looked into asterisk logs and it says "Enabled echo
cancellation on channel 1, Engaged echo training on channel 1" whenever
I fax out).

Why doesn't asterisk detect that it's faxing?

So my idea was to disable echo cancellation whenever fax number is called:

exten => 27229932,1,Answer
exten => 27229932,2,DISABLE_ECHO_CANCELLATION
exten => 27229932,3,Goto(in_fax,1)
(...)

And do the same when I sent faxes using .call files:

Channel: $CHANNEL/$FAXNUM
MaxRetries: 1
WaitTime: 20
Application: txfax
Data: $DATADIR/$ATTNAME.tif|caller

Is it possible to do something like that?

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org