[Asterisk-Users] Command line

Tom Rymes trymes at cascadelinksystems.com
Fri Nov 25 08:14:09 MST 2005

On Nov 25, 2005, at 7:33 AM, Tony Spencer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I’m pretty new to using Asterisk and have searched to find an
> answer to my question but have failed to.
>
> I was wondering if you can use Asterisk from the command line to
> make it make an outgoing call and issue other commands whilst it’s
> in the call?
>
> Sort of like when you use Minicom with a modem connected to a
> serial port and send it AT commands.
>
>  Thanks
>
> Tony

Tony,

If you have a sound card installed and properly configured in your
Asterisk server, then you can plug in a microphone and headset and
make calls from the CLI using the dial command.

If you want to automate having the system make phone calls, google
and search voip-info.org for info on .call files. Basically, you
create a file that specifies to asterisk where to call, using which
channel, and what to do once the call is connnected. You then copy
the file to /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing and the call is executed as
defined.

Tom

Tom Rymes
Cascade Link Systems
www.cascadelinksystems.com
(603) 375-1414

"Intelligent technology solutions for small businesses."