[Asterisk-Users] Preventing long-distance call forwarding

Anthony Rodgers Anthony_Rodgers at dnv.org
Thu Nov 24 18:38:43 MST 2005

Well, I kinda answered this myself, and I'll post how I did it in case
a) it might cause other problems and 2) anyone else finds it useful.

To recap, a Polycom phone will let you enter anything as a call
diversion number - this is obviously a problem in that someone can
forward their phone to Australia, go home and phone their extension to
make the call to Australia for free. There doesn't seem to be anyway to
configure the phone to restrict call diversion numbers.

Here's what happens:

     -- Called 2471
     -- Got SIP response 302 "Moved Temporarily" back from 172.16.16.100
     -- Now forwarding SIP/2293-2461 to 'Local/6045551212 at long-distance'
(thanks to SIP/2471-d428)

The context is set from the called phone which, in the ordinary course
of events, is allowed to make long-distance calls. For diverted calls,
what I have done is this:

exten => s,1,GotoIf($[$["${CHANNEL:0:5}" = "Local"] &
$[$["${MACRO_CONTEXT}" = "long-distance"] | $["${MACRO_CONTEXT}" =
"international"]]]?:3)
exten => s,2,Goto(internal,${ARG2},1)
exten => s,3,...... rest of dialplan

This basically moves the call into a context from which only local
calls are allowed, based on the channel starting with 'Local/'.

Does anyone see any glaring problems with this?