[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail notifications alwats sent as asterisk@hostname

Andre Courchesne - Consultant courchea at net-forces.com
Thu Nov 24 09:48:52 MST 2005

Hi,

  I have a problem with e-mail notifications. For some reason Asterisk
does not use the serveremail configuration when sending e-mails
notifications. it always send it using asterisk at hostname.

My configuration:
pbxskip=yes                     ; Don't put [PBX]: in the subject line
serveremail=asterisk123 at privalodc.com
fromstring=Voicemail System ; Real name of email sender
maxmessage=180                  ; max length of vm message
minmessage=3                            ; Minimum length of a voicemail
message in seconds
maxsilence=5                    ; Wait for 5 silent seconds and end the
voicemail
silencethreshold=128            ; What do we consider to be silence
skipms=3000                                     ; How many miliseconds
to skip forward/back when rew/ff in message playback
review=yes                                      ; Allow sender to
review/rerecord their message before saving it
operator=yes                            ; Allow caller to press 0

Exim log when sending an e-mail:
Nov 24 11:44:21 privalodc exim[8501]: 2005-11-24 11:44:21
1EfKCr-0002D5-N1 ** acourchesne at privalodc.com R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp:
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
TO:<acourchesne at privalodc.com>: host mail.privalodc.com
[207.115.102.XX]: 504 <asterisk at testpbx>: Sender address rejected: need
fully-qualified address

Any ideas?

Andre