[Asterisk-Users] Re: sip URL peering

Thu Nov 24 09:22:29 MST 2005

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:

>>There is a new ietf WG to come which deals with peering issues. It's
>>called SPEER (formerly VOIPEER)
>>
>>The list archive is at
>>http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/voipeer/
>>
>>minutes from last ietf meeting:
>>http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/05nov/minutes/voipeer.html
>

> It looks interesting, but these things always seem to be scuttled or
> reduced to glacial progress by the telecom interests.
>
> VOIP peering isn't something that should require years of meeting to
> make happen.

It's not that easy. If you want to have open SIP URIs (just like email
is open for everybody) you will receive SPIT calls. E.g. the SPEER group
tries to define rules for VoIP peering which allows authentication to
enable open SIP URIs. (I won't open acces to my SIP URI if I can not
verify the senders URI).

regards
klaus