[Asterisk-Users] jittering with Iax2 and Meetme on Asterisk 1.2.0

Steven Langley steven at intellinc.co.za
Thu Nov 24 07:55:12 MST 2005

Hi

I have been using Asterisk 1.0.9 fairly successfully. I have Iax2 softphones
based on the IaxClient library that are dialing into Meetme conferences. I
am using a Zaptel card as a timing source.

I am now trying to migrate to Asterisk 1.2.0, mainly because of the alleged
improved jitterbuffer implementation. I have installed 1.2.0 (Zaptel and
Asterisk) and am running it on a 100 mbit LAN. I am dialing in with the same
softphone (as the other server with Asterisk 1.0.9), but experience
consistently bad jitter, both when jitterbuffer=no and when
jitterbuffer=yes. I have run zttest and am getting pretty much 100% accuracy
from the card.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Many thanks

Steven