[Asterisk-Users] Calling Asterisk PABX in "anonymous" mode...

Matt Ryan inetuid at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 24 02:25:26 MST 2005

This is how it works by default or you couldn't get a call from a
remote SIP users. The call will drop into the 's' extension (assuming
1.x here - haven't looked at the changes in 1.2 yet) in whatever
context you have configured in sip.conf (default?). The authentication
details are important when you want to give more priviledge to a user
(outbound PSTN for example) which you really should have in 'default'
context as external callers could cost you a lot of money!

Matt.