[Asterisk-Users] TE410P and SPANDSP

Ma Zhiyong mazhiyong at sohu.com
Thu Nov 24 00:40:17 MST 2005

It looks like spandsp doesn't fit a busy fax server solution, usually this kind of solution is depending on some onborad dsp  card like eicon diva server.
But it still a good tool for faxing, and we can expect its t.38 function. Maybe a big surprise.

I have some experience using the TE410p and spandsp.  I think my max
concurrent rxfax has been about 16 or so on a single E1 on a single cpu
3.0Ghz P4.  I expect that it could handle at least 30 concurrent faxes,
thereafter I think that the disk controller may start to impact performance.
My experience of txfax is that it is very sensitive to system load.  When I
was testing things I was able to get no more than three concurrent instances
of txfax going on a system that was otherwise idle.  If I was receiving a
fax at all via rxfax then I could reliably have no more than one instance of
txfax.

Craig