[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail email format, please help!

Ryan Pagquil rpagquil at philonline.com
Thu Nov 24 00:08:53 MST 2005

>Hi,

>         I'm now using Asterisk for my voicemail together with SER.
> They just work fine. When the user in SER is not registered the
> call will be forwarded to Asterisk and the caller will record his
> message. Then I also made asterisk to send the wav as attachment to
> its email. I try using two ip phones one is Xlite and the other is
> a hardware ip phone to call the voicemail. When asterisk sent the
> mail to me I found that the voicemail from the hardware ip phone
> has the display username and the number of the caller, but the
> Xlite voicemail only has the display username... then I checked the
> voicemail box of my username and check the message text that
> corresponds to the voicemail and found these:

>hardware ip phone:

>[message] origmailbox=810020
context=ser
macrocontext=
exten=u810020
priority=1
callerchan=SIP/mydomain.com-0018b368
callerid="test3" <103>
origdate=Thu Nov 17 11:22:09 AM GMT 2005
origtime=1132226529
duration=31

xlite:
[message] origmailbox=810020
context=ser
macrocontext=
exten=u810020
priority=1
callerchan=SIP/810020-e30c
callerid="810020"
origdate=Thu Nov 17 11:21:38 AM GMT 2005
origtime=1132226498
duration=31

How come does the hardware phone has the 103 on the callerid and
xlite don't have its number? Is this a misconfiguration?

Thanks,