[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk SIP architecture question

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Wed Nov 23 19:23:38 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Matt Riddell wrote:
>
>> So how does Asterisk know that the media stream has been disconnected
>> between
>> the two remote hosts?
>
> It doesn't... nor does any other SIP softswitch. See my other reply for
> a possible solution.

I agree that you could code a fix, but saying my advice is bogus because you
could code a fix for Asterisk to avoid it is slightly wrong.

The fact remains, if you need *very* accurate cdr's then you either don't do
canreinvite=yes for the peer or you code something so that Asterisk notices
that the rtp has stopped.  The fact remains that without these, the most
accurate CDR is going to come from the provider.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell

http://www.sineapps.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News - html)