[Asterisk-Users] ASTCC - card in use

Darren Wiebe darren at aleph-com.net
Wed Nov 23 18:30:38 MST 2005

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> Is there a solution for the problem that the card in use flag is set,
> after the user hang up?

Yes, there is a patch.  This was fixed in cvs quite a while ago.

Put this:
$SIG{HUP}  = 'ignore_hup';

sub ignore_hup {
    print STDERR "\nHUP received!\n\n";
}

just after the "use POSIX qw(ceil floor);" line

> The flag remains set, if the user hang up, after the price for the
> call will be announced.
> It is bad (for the business), because this happens most of the time
> only for NEW users!
>
> Solutions?
> 1. Do we need the flag at all, if we use the phone number as card
> number anyway? If we can use the phone number as card number, we could
> omit it. However, I plan that I will have other premium features,
> where I need to punch in a card number!!!

The flag keeps one card from having more than 1 simultaneous call.  If
you don't want to use it, a bit of work in astcc.agi would disable it.

> 2. Could we use a extension number to reset the flag?

You could this this using an agi script.

> 3. Could we use a cron job to reset the flag, if the extension number
> is not in a call? This one sounds for me most reliable, but at the
> moment the most complicated one to figure it out by the cron job and
> reset it from there.

This would be fairly easy.  You would need a script that ran the
appropriate sql command when called.

> Is a solution available?

Yes, it is.

Good Luck Ronald, I haven't talked to you for a long time. :-)

Darren Wiebe
darren at aleph-com.net