[Asterisk-Users] Modem Connections to PPP Server

Casey Boone cboone at shawneelink.net
Wed Nov 23 15:32:57 MST 2005

I think that timing issues will kill you, but if it were going to work
you would want to use ulaw all the way around as your codec.

a better option would be to use more traditional terminal server/remote
access server type hardware off of an actual copper pstn line.

you can pick up terminal servers off of ebay if cost is an issue, such
as lucent max 4048s and cisco 5400s.  voip just is not a good way to
carry a modem call

Casey Boone