[Asterisk-Users] manager interface behavior

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 13:04:25 MST 2005

On 11/23/05, Bill Michaelson <bill at cosi.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a manager client that I designed to hold open TCP
> connection to asterisk while it is running for varoius purposes.  After
> being puzzled by unexpected behavior, I realized that the server closes
> the connection after it completes an "originate" action - or at least it
> does in the case of my test transactions.
>
> I solicit opinions: is this a feature or a bug?

I've never seen that behavior and I've written several clients for the
manager api.  I guess it's possible that a particular combination of
variables in the request could trigger an error that makes asterisk do
that.   I would try issuing the same originate by telneting in
manually and see what happens.  That way you can positively rule out
your client being the one that's disconnecting.

Chris