[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk SIP architecture question

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 09:32:46 MST 2005

Kevin,

Is the CDR accounting done based on SIP signaling? If a UA is talking
(RTP) to a third party PSTN gateway, isn't it at risk if say the UA
loses power. How will asterisk know the call has ended if it is not
involved in the media path. The idea is this.. I want to use
canreinvite =yes to force users to talk end-to-end to preserve
bandwidth, but I can see the potential for hung calls if asterisk
never get the BYE from a UA in the event the ATA gets unplugged or
somehow loses power.

regards
David