[Asterisk-Users] Does Voipjet uses IAX2 trunking

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 18:26:19 MST 2005

I use G.711u with VoIPJet via IAX2 with trunking enabled. From watching
packet flows with netstat, it appears that trunking is enabled in the data
that my Asterisk machine sends to VoIPJet but not enabled in the data that
VoIPJet sends to my Asterisk machine.

That is to say that if there are two concurrent IAX2 calls from my Asterisk
machine through VoIPJet, that tcpdump shows two packets sent from VoIPJet to
my Asterisk machine and then my machine sends one larger packet back to
VoIPjet and so on. So it seems that trunking is working for the IAX2 packets
I send to VoIPJet but not for the packets they send me.

I guess this is fine for me since I am on an ADSL line anyway and have
excess downstream capacity, but it still seems a bit strange.

-Rusty