[Asterisk-Users] SetGroup & GROUP_COUNT advise appreciated

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 22 16:09:02 MST 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to wrap my head around this new SetGroup and GROUP_COUNT
stuff in 1.2, read the docs and voip-info.org, searched the lists but I
can't make sense of it. Here's what I would like to do:

* user has some exten it can call to enable/disable call waiting
  e.g. *22[0,1] where "0" disables and "1" enables call waiting
  The value is written to the db e.g. /CAWA/<exten> : [0 or 1]
  [this part is already done]

* if the user has disabled call waiting I still want the user to be
  able to dial out as much as he/she likes. So the limit for outgoing
  calls should be independent of the limit for incoming calls

* if the user has disabled call waiting I want to limit the amount of
  incoming calls to "0" if the user is on the phone or to "1" if the
  user is not on the phone.

* if the user has disabled call waiting I still want to allow the
  possiblity of say an admin to call that user when he/she is on
  the phone. I guess I can stick something in the db and test for
  the existence e.g. ADMIN/<exten> : <admin's exten>

I just can't figure out how to make this work with SetGroup and
GROUP_COUNT in the stdexten macro. Anyone who has done something similar
want to share some code snippets how to make this work?

A basic (1.2 compliant) way of limiting per extension the amount of
incoming calls and independently limiting per extension the amount of
outgoing calls would (also) be most welcome.

Thanks and regards,
Patrick