[Asterisk-Users] AstLinux VMware images now available (use with the free player)

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Tue Nov 22 14:18:06 MST 2005

Hello everyone,

	With the release of the free VMware Player, I thought it would be
really cool to release an AstLinux VMware image so that people can try
AstLinux (and Asterisk) without every leaving their favorite OS - for free!

	So, I created a VMware virtual machine with AstLinux 0.2.9 installed
and pre-configured.  It can be found for download in the AstLinux.org
downloads section.  True to AstLinux form, the AstLinux virtual machine
will only use a maximum of 64MB of RAM and about 140MB of disk space.
The virtual disk is dynamic, so it will allocate disk space on the host
as it is used on the guest.

	A big thank you to VMware/EMC for making the player available free of cost!

Download the player (unless you have Workstation 5):

http://www.vmware.com/download/player/

Then download the image:

http://www.astlinux.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=26&Itemid=36

P.S. - The Windows installer has some "vanity" issues, but I'll fix
those soon.

P.P.S. - Of course you would not want to use this in a production
environment.

Have fun!

--
Kristian Kielhofner