[Asterisk-Users] Not able to call with phonzo

Thor Atle Rustad thor.rustad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 12:09:35 MST 2005

I subscribed to a service based in Norway called phonzo.com. They use
a branded X-pro client. I have a username and password, which I
successfully used to register using my existing X-Pro. I can call and
receive calls. I have also successfully tested their service using
Sipura.

When using the same credentials in Asterisk, I can receive calls.
However, when trying to call out, I hear a female voice saying "This
account number is not valid".

In their forum there is a customer asking about asterisk, and they say
they don't support (or don't want!) asterisk. Can a provider weed out
certain clients based on the type of information the client provides?
How can I make their system believe I am connecting with X-pro?

extensions.conf:
[phonzo]
type=friend
username=478539xxxxx