[Asterisk-Users] Re: oh323 channel disappears

asterisk at frameweb.it asterisk at frameweb.it
Tue Nov 22 03:20:49 MST 2005

First of all, thank you for your answer, the only that does not claim to
not restart the box !

Asterisk is the last stable version via cvs, not cvs head

show version:
Asterisk CVS-v1-0-10/31/05-17:43:16 built by root at asterisk02 on a i686
running Linux

So it was the last stable version on 31 of October;

Also other components were taken via CVS;

cvs checkout -r v1-0 zaptel libpri asterisk asterisk-addons asterisk-sounds

about oh323, these are the instructions that I assembled and followed,
reading around;

cd /root
wget
http://www.inaccessnetworks.com/ian/projects/asterisk-oh323/Libraries/pwlib-Mimas_patch2-src-tar.gz
wget
http://www.inaccessnetworks.com/ian/projects/asterisk-oh323/Libraries/openh323-Mimas_patch2-src-tar.gz

cd /usr/src
wget
http://www.inaccessnetworks.com/ian/projects/asterisk-oh323/download/asterisk-oh323-0.6.7.tar.gz

cd /root
tar zxvf pwlib-Mimas_patch2-src-tar.gz
tar zxvf openh323-Mimas_patch2-src-tar.gz
mv pwlib_Mimas_patch2 pwlib
mv openh323_Mimas_patch2 openh323

cd /usr/src
tar zxvf asterisk-oh323-0.6.7.tar.gz

PWLIBDIR=/root/pwlib
export PWLIBDIR
OPENH323DIR=/root/openh323
export OPENH323DIR
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWLIBDIR/lib:$OPENH323DIR/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

modify the file:
vi /etc/ld.so.conf
and add in it::
/root/pwlib/lib
/root/openh323/lib

then:
ldconfig

cd /root/pwlib
./configure && make clean && make opt && make install && ldconfig

cd /root/openh323
./configure && make clean && make opt && make install && ldconfig

cd /usr/src/asterisk-oh323-0.6.7
modify Makefile according to the directories:

vi /usr/src/asterisk-oh323-0.6.7/Makefile

PWLIBDIR=/root/pwlib
OPENH323DIR=/root/openh323

make && make install && ldconfig

chown /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/asterisk . -R
chgrp /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/asterisk . -R

chown  asterisk /usr/local/lib -R
chgrp  asterisk /usr/local/lib -R

chmod 777 /root
chown  asterisk /root/pwlib -R
chgrp  asterisk /root/pwlib -R

chown  asterisk /root/openh323 -R
chgrp  asterisk /root/openh323 -R

the only thing I am absolutely not hayy to did was that  "chmod 777 /root";
I think that it should be not necessary at all, I did it becouse asterisk
run as "asterisk" user, and peraphs i thought some problems aboutr
accessing pwlib or oh323;

I have an heavily stressed system, but I have a couple of hours of almost
no traffic (people sleep sometimes...)
To shut down asterisk, killing a maximum 1 or 2 phones and than reboot (
only restart gracefully or now is not sufficient to re-live the oh323
channel)
is a bad thing, but is better than drop 5,000 phones 5 hours later.
Why not only reboot ? becouse if you shurdown asterisk BEFORE rebooting,
the cdr is updated correctly with the last phnes running.

I tried to reboot a box WITHOUT exiting from asterisk, and the running
conversetion (with  more then 2000 billsec....) was not recorded in the cdr

I am using the g729 codec ( I bought a 30 channels license from Digium).

So, what to say... ah, you also need my oh323,conf file: here it is.

asterisk02:/etc/asterisk # cat oh323.conf
;
; Configuration file of OpenH323 channel driver
;

;-----------------------------------------
; General configuration options
; (ports, jitter, GK, ...)
;-----------------------------------------
[general]
;
; Address to bind to for incoming connections.
; Default is ALL.
;
listenAddress=0.0.0.0
;
; Port to listen to.
; Default value is 1720.
;
listenPort=1720
;
; Configure the TCP port range to be used by H.323
;
tcpStart=10000
tcpEnd=20000
;
; Configure the UDP port range to be used by H.323
; Note: The port range used by RTP are configured from
;       "rtp.conf"
;
udpStart=10000
udpEnd=20000
;
; Enable fast start (yes,no).
;
fastStart=yes
;
; Enable H.245 tunnelling (yes,no).
;
h245Tunnelling=yes
;
; Enable early H.245 messages in call SETUP message.
;
h245inSetup=yes
;
; Set jitter buffer (in milliseconds, 20...10000).
;
jitterMin=20
jitterMax=100
;
; Set IP Type-of-Service byte for RTP channels.
; Valid values for this option are:
;   lowdelay, throughput, reliability, mincost, none
; Moreover, an integer (in decimal or hex format) may be entered.
;
ipTos=none
;
; Set the maximum number of inbound/outbound/simultaneous
; H.323 connections.
;
outboundMax=100
inboundMax=100
simultaneousMax=100
;
; Call Rate Limiter params (ingress direction). When the total number
; of active calls is above 'crlThreshold' then the rate of the incoming
; H.323 calls is restricted in a way where no more than 'crlCallNumber'
; calls are allowed in 'crlCallTime' milliseconds, thus limiting the rate
; of incoming calls to:
;     'crlCallNumber' / ('crlCallTime' / 1000) Calls-per-Sec.
;
;crlCallNumber=20
;crlCallTime=20000
;crlThreshold=30
;
; Set the bandwidth limit for H.323 connections.
; The value is in Kbps.
;
;bandwidthLimit=1024
;
; Set tracing options for the wrapper library and for the
; OpenH323 library.
; libTraceFile can be 'stdout' or a full path name to the tracefile.
; Only the trace info for OpenH323 is logged in libTraceFile.
;
wrapLibTraceLevel=0
libTraceLevel=0
libTraceFile=stdout
;
; Disable gatekeeper or specify a gatekeeper. The gatekeeper's ID is the
zone name.
; Valid values for this option are:
;   DISABLE,
;   DISCOVER,
;   <gatekeeper's DNS name>,
;   <gatekeeper's ip>,
;   GKID:<gatekeeper's id>
;   <gatekeeper's id>@<gatekeeper's name or address>
;
;gatekeeper=192.168.1.2
;gatekeeper=DISCOVER
gatekeeper=DISABLE
;
; Set the gatekeeper password. If used, it enables H.235 access to
gatekeeper.
;
;gatekeeperPassword=secret
;
; Set the gatekeeper registration timeout. Before the expiration of
; the timeout, a re-registration is attempted.
;
gatekeeperTTL=600
;
; Set the mode for sending user-input (DTMF)
; Valid values for this option are:
;   Q931        -   Q.931 Keypad Information Element
;   STRING      -   H.245 string
;   TONE        -   H.245 tone
;   RFC2833     -   RFC2833
;   INBAND      -
;
userInputMode=TONE
;
; AMA flags (default, omit, billing, documentation)
;
amaFlags=default
;
; Account code
;
accountCode=H323
;
; Default language
;
language=en
;
; Default Music-On-Hold class
;
musiconhold=default
;
; Set the default context of H.323 calls.
;
;context=voip-h323
context=from-internal

;-----------------------------------------
; Configure H.323 aliases, prefixes and
; related ASTERISK's contexts
;-----------------------------------------
[register]
;
; Aliases/prefixes associated with the default context
; defined in section [general].
;
alias=asterisk
alias=123
;
; Aliases/prefixes routed in "all-aliases" context.
;
;context=all-aliases
context=from-internal
alias=ASTERISK
alias=666
;
; Aliases/prefixes routed in "more-aliases" context.
;
;context=more-aliases
context=from-internal

alias=665
;
; Aliases/prefixes routed in "all-prefixes" context.
;
;context=all-prefixes
context=from-internal
gwprefix=00
gwprefix=01
;
; Aliases/prefixes routed in "more-stuff" context.
;
;context=more-stuff
context=from-internal

alias=664
gwprefix=02

;-----------------------------------------
; Specify and configure CODEC related
; options
;-----------------------------------------
[codecs]
;
; Define the codec list of the channel driver.
; Every "codec" option may have a "frames" option
; associated with it.
; Valid values for the "codec" option are:
;   G711U       -   G.711 u-Law
;   G711A       -   G.711 A-Law
;   G7231       -   G.723.1(6.3k)
;   G72316K3    -   G.723.1(6.3k)
;   G72315K3    -   G.723.1(5.3k)
;   G7231A6K3   -   G.723.1A(6.3k)
;   G7231A6K3   -   G.723.1A(6.3k)
;   G726        -   G.726(32k)
;   G72616K     -   G.726(16k)
;   G72624K     -   G.726(24k)
;   G72632K     -   G.726(32k)
;   G72640K     -   G.726(40k)
;   G728        -   G.728
;   G729        -   G.729
;   G729A       -   G.729A
;   G729B       -   G.729B
;   G729AB      -   G.729AB
;   GSM0610     -   GSM 0610
;   MSGSM       -   Microsoft GSM Audio Capability
;   LPC10       -   LPC-10
; Number of frames in RTP packet (if not specified) is 1.
;
codec=G729
frames=2
codec=G711A
frames=20
codec=G711U
frames=20
;codec=GSM0610
;frames=4
;codec=G7231
;frames=2
;codec=G729A
;frames=2
;codec=G729B
;frames=2
;codec=G729AB
;frames=2

Of course, if it is possible to find a solution to the "oh323
disappearing", i will be the first to implement it ( and I will happyly
throw away the reboot workaround)

Moreover, in my conf file I have:

outboundMax=100
inboundMax=100

Could it be better to tune these values to 30 ? (the actual number of zap
channels); I cannot place more then 30 simultaneous calls.

Andrea

             Mike Fedyk
             <mfedyk at mikefedyk
             Sent by:                  Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             asterisk-users-bo         Non-Commercial Discussion
             unces at lists.digiu         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
             m.com                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             21/11/2005 19.02          [Asterisk-Users] Re: oh323 channel
                                       disappears

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

asterisk at frameweb.it wrote:
> This are the facts:
> after a couple of days running, everything appears to run very well..
> asterisk is alive, no bad lines in log......
> But actuallu th oh323 channel disappears !!!!
> if tou type at the console "oh323 <TAB>"  no helps is given
> oh323: no such command !!!
> help: nothiong about oh323 !!!
>
> but the box is the same as ine hour before, when oh323 was known....
>
> I am not an asterisk programmer, I am sorry i never read a line of the
> oh323 channel, so 99.7 % of what I say is wrong, but it seem to me then
> the oh323 crashes in such a bad way to completly evanihes.
>
> If you have running conversation, they stay up (of course, now they are
> trunked to a zap channel)
>
> but no new conversation are possible
>
> the really incredible thing is that you cannot find any "proble/error"
line
> both in the /vat/log/asterisk/full than in the messages log
>
> So, that's way I should stop and reboot the box ....
>
> If anybody has any idea (where to look i.e.,...) I can try almost
anything
What version of asterisk are you running, on what distro and what kernel?
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: