[Asterisk-Users] SIP Extension behind NAT, Asterisk on a public domain

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Mon Nov 21 22:35:33 MST 2005

change nat=1
to nat=yes

________________________________

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com on behalf of Bharath Khambadkone
Sent: Tue 11/22/2005 12:28 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] SIP Extension behind NAT,Asterisk on a public domain

Hello All,
I'm fairly new to asterisk. I have read about the problems about NAT, But can't seem to find a solution.
My Asterisk is on a public domain, there is no NAT or firewall in front of the asteris box. I have sucessfully connected iax2 softphones & was able to recieve & make calls. In the same locations where I have the iax2 extensions working I have set up a a SIP softphone & a SIP ATA (Sipura2002). Both teh sip phones are able to register. I can also make & recieve calls but cannot hear anything after the call is answered at both ends. I'm not sure what is causing this problem. By the way I'm using SME server 7(centos 4.2)  with A at H installed.

my Sip.conf :
[2008] ;(Sipura2002)
username=2008
type=friend