[Asterisk-Users] Anyone parked in your Asterisk?

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 21 11:13:28 MST 2005

Alexander Lopez wrote:

>Does it hold state information for any channel? Even ZAP, IAX,
>etc....!!!
>
>If it does, Olle, you have just placed us one step closer to being able
>to emulate a Key system!!!

This fix is very focused on parking. Previous to this fix, we can check
device status
in chan_agent, chan_iax2 and chan_sip. "show channeltypes" tell you
which channels
in your Asterisk that support device status notification.

The ability to visually "see" parking lots has been asked for, and I
created this by adding
device status notification in chan_local (does an extension exist or not
in the active dialplan?)
and a notification system in res_features whenever parking adds or
removes an extension
- i.e. parks a call. It is a strange form of abstraction, but it works :-)

/O