[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and embedded system

Josh mylist13 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 10:43:34 MST 2005

Hi all,

I'm kinda new with asterisk stuff.
I'm running a Debian with asterisk and a digium X101P clone card in country #1.
Since I'm going to work in another country (country #2), I would like
to setup another Asterisk server + 1 FXO device in #2 as well as in
#1.

However I'm looking for a small solution. By "small", I mean I don't
wanna have a big desktop running 24/7 ... just an small box like a
WRT54GS + ATA Ethernet FXO for ex ...
I've read some howtos from
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+embedded+systems but I'm
still wondering what kind of hardware to choose.

The network I would like to setup is basic, something like :

X101P + asterisk (#1) <----IAX----> asterisk + FXO (#2)

Person in #1 will call the line connected to the X101P, then choose
via a menu to call me.
The call is transferred via IAX between the 2 asterisk boxes, then in
#2, asterisk will dial the number via FXO

With your experiences, which hardware/system (that can be reliable) do
you recommend ?
i was thinking of a WRT54GS + a GrandStream Handytone 488
(http://voipstore.atacomm.com/Shops/ViewItem.aspx/27934028032-43151799552.htm),
what do you think about this ?

Thanks