[Asterisk-Users] stop asterisk when Idle

asterisk at frameweb.it asterisk at frameweb.it
Mon Nov 21 06:10:55 MST 2005

This are the facts:
after a couple of days running, everything appears to run very well..
asterisk is alive, no bad lines in log......
But actuallu th oh323 channel disappears !!!!
if tou type at the console "oh323 <TAB>"  no helps is given
oh323: no such command !!!
help: nothiong about oh323 !!!

but the box is the same as ine hour before, when oh323 was known....

I am not an asterisk programmer, I am sorry i never read a line of the
oh323 channel, so 99.7 % of what I say is wrong, but it seem to me then
the oh323 crashes in such a bad way to completly evanihes.

If you have running conversation, they stay up (of course, now they are
trunked to a zap channel)

but no new conversation are possible

the really incredible thing is that you cannot find any "proble/error" line
both in the /vat/log/asterisk/full than in the messages log

So, that's way I should stop and reboot the box ....

If anybody has any idea (where to look i.e.,...) I can try almost anything

Remember, I have a large number of calls to handle (more the 10,000 in a
day)

Andrea

             snacktime
             <snacktime at gmail.
             Sent by:                  Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             asterisk-users-bo         Non-Commercial Discussion
             unces at lists.digiu         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
             m.com                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             17/11/2005 23.30          Re: [Asterisk-Users] stop asterisk
                                       when Idle

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

      But I found some situations that, after several millions of calls
      seconds,
      need to reboot the box and not only restart asterisk.

That's really not necessary,and it's almost painful to watch people do
this...  If you posted some detailed information about your system and the
problem you are having maybe someone could help you fix the actual problem.

Asterisk-Users mailing list
Asterisk-Users at lists.digium.com
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: