[Asterisk-Users] How do you get a sound to play to caller on answer?

Obelix asterisklists at adontendev.net
Mon Nov 21 03:45:48 MST 2005

I tried this dial command to get a sound to play to the caller on answer.
I have even tried to use the LIMIT_CONNECT_FILE option with no success.

As can be seen below the start_sound variable shows 'UNDEF'.

Are there some other settings I have missed out, eg. file location, type  etc.
The sound file is in GSM format.

SIP/providername/002345678|42|HL(26580000:61000:30000:LIMIT_CONNECT_FILE=soundfile)

    -- Limit Data:
    -- timelimit=26580000
    -- play_warning=61000
    -- play_to_caller=yes