[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk MySQL CDR - MySQL starting too late

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at bbned.nl
Mon Nov 21 02:51:14 MST 2005

> Well that didn't work. When I rebooted MySQL didn't start at all....

The level doesn't set _when_ something starts, just _if_ something
starts. Some daemons should start in single user mode, some not. Some
others should only start when in GUI mode, others not, etc. This is what
level controls. When something starts is usually controlled with the
name of the start/stop scripts in /etc/rcx.d/ (or something like that).

Files starting with the S00 prefix are started first, files with S99 are
started last for that runlevel. The same for K00 and K99, but that
describes the time when processes are killed. So if Asterisk is started
using S80asterisk, and MySQL using S50mysqld, then it obviously isn't
going to work as intended. The same also when both are started with S99,
because asterisk will be started before mysqld...

I usually mess around with the numbers, but that is not very
reproducable, dependencies listed in the rpm file (or equivalent)
usually takes care of this. When isntalling from source, you're on your
own.

--
Andreas Sikkema                       BBned NV
Software Engineer                Planeetbaan 4