[Asterisk-Users] Can Asterisk Set CallerID on Broadvoice?

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Nov 20 07:38:06 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 09:28 -0500, Paul wrote:
> To answer your question about passing caller ID via broadvoice: It is
> not permitted to change the CID number. It might pass the name when
> calling another BV account.

Its not permitted becuase broadvoice auths against the caller id data..

To see something funny if you have 2 broadvoice accounts (do not use
someone elses that is a bad thing) set account 1 to use the callerid of
account 2, you will see a failed invite (at least with 1.0.x) on account
2 for the call.  I almost wonder if all SIP devices are smart enough to
reject such calls or if they are gonna have problems with people abusing
that knowledge to force people to call premium numbers and such.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378