[Asterisk-Users] CallerID

JP Carballo lists at netfone2x.com
Sun Nov 20 00:20:03 MST 2005

Nitesh Divecha wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> My Asterisk is configured like a Soft Switch, I have many incoming
> and outgoing traffic to different providers.
>
> How can I forward CallerID to my providers. My providers are
> complaining big time as the CallerID is set to Zero...
>
> Please help!!!
>
> Thanks,
> Neal

In your provider's outgoing context, add the following before calling out:

exten => _X.,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERNAME})

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.