[Asterisk-Users] Free 411 Service

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Nov 19 18:04:35 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 19:57 -0500, asterisk wrote:
> May be beneficial to some on the list.  I haven't seen it posted before.
>
> Free 411 information lookup number is 800 373 3411 (1-800-Free411).

people were using that to bypass skypes charges.  skype was free to toll
free, after listening to an ad they would connect you to whomever.
downside it only lets you reach people that are in the national
directory database as public, but yeah its handy.

With more voip providers looking to get their customers in  that
registry (at least north american providers) it may become more useful
as more people will be listed.  mobile phones still arent in that list,
which is probably a good thing.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378