[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.2 Released!

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Sat Nov 19 14:43:34 MST 2005

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

>On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 02:55:45PM +0800, Marcus Deluigi (intern) wrote:
>

>>Great!
>>Is there any chance someone tries to build a debian package for it?
>>:-D
>>

>It's in the process of landing into Unstable. RC1 packages (and soon release
>packages) for Sarge are availble, see http://xorcom-rapid.berlios.de/ :
>
>  deb     http://rapid.dotsrc.org/ experimental/
>  deb-src http://rapid.dotsrc.org/ experimental/

I took the debian unstable source for 1.2 and easily built packages for
debian stable. Here is what I have built in order
to install asterisk 1.2 on a standard debian stable sarge box:

asterisk
libpri
speex
zaptel

The only change I made to the source was reducing adduser version
dependency to match that of installed sarge version. I did that because
I could not find rationale for that dependency and I like to minimize
modifications to systems running stable version of debian distro.

Is there any interest? Should I create a project at sourceforge or
elsewhere and make these available for download?