[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk 1.2 Released!

Martin Joseph mercedes at barknaturalpet.com
Sat Nov 19 11:19:37 MST 2005

On Nov 17, 2005, at 9:02 AM, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Doug Meredith wrote:
>
>> Just a configuration management note.  The normal (and safe) practice
>> would be to make the second copy 1.2.1.  Once 1.2.0 has been released,
>> you can't change it.  It is done.  Calling the second copy 1.2.1 would
>> have eliminated any possibility of confusion.
>
> Yes, I know, but since the existence of the tarballs had not been
> formally announced on the lists, it was easier to do it this way.

Hmmm,

I am total newb here,  but it makes me nervous that your releases are
coming so quickly? Seems a bit sketchy to me?  What's the rush?  Was
there actually adequate test time for 1.2rc2? Also I am amazed that
many people here seem confident in installing "beta" software on
production systems?  Guess you are doing something right ;~)

Also the above (two versions with the same number) seems unacceptable.

Marty