[Asterisk-Users] Register redirect

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Sat Nov 19 05:58:42 MST 2005

On 19 Nov 2005, at 12:42, Matt Riddell wrote:

>>> You could do it based on the new max load/max calls values

erm, I missed these, where are they - can you point me at some docs
please ?

> True.  But it would be nice to have one box sitting there deciding
> where to
> send registrations to as well.  Like a registration proxyer (sp?)

Ah, now that would be _very_ easy to do.
You have a box that _isn't_ asterisk.
You have all your users point their registrations at it.
It always rejects them, but includes the address of the least busy host
in the cluster.
It could decide the host loads by polling all the cluster members

The disadvantage is that it isn't as backwards compatible as
building this into asterisk. Old style clients would talk to the
proxy and get
rejected every time.