[Asterisk-Users] Register redirect

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Sat Nov 19 03:44:12 MST 2005

On 19 Nov 2005, at 03:07, Matt Riddell wrote:

> Marc Storck wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to know if there is a way in IAX2 and SIP to tell a
>> client
>> to register at a different server.
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> Client tries to register at server B but server B answers with
>> some sort
>> of redirect to tell the client to register at server C. The client
>> then
>> tries to register with Server C.
>
> No, but wouldn't it be great!

Ok, let's persue this a bit more. How would we want it to work?
(I might be interested in implementing it)

At the IAX level it looks pretty easy, just add an
APPARENT ADDR IE to the REGREJ packet (it is already in REGACK).
The Address would be that of the 'advisory reg server' that should be
tried next.
The cause code IE could be  "Resource unavailable, unspecified".

How would the asterisk server decide that now was the moment
to send redirects ?
What would the config look like?

Thoughts anyone ?