[Asterisk-Users] Problems with Read() in outgoing calls

John Biundo johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 19 00:47:34 MST 2005

I posted the following a couple of days ago.  My problem was inbound,
but the workaround might be worth a try:
======
Bug or feature?

I'm fairly sure this behavior changed between CVS HEAD Nov 1 and RC2.

In the earlier release, I could successfully execute the Read()
application immediately following answering a (SIP) channel.  In the
current RC2, Read times out without detecting user input, unless I
precede it in the dial plan with Background, as below.

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Background(silence/1)
exten => s,n(readopt),Read(ACCEPT,,1,,,10)
=====