[Asterisk-Users] SOLVED: Polycom MW beep

Jerry Jones jjones at danrj.com
Fri Nov 18 17:51:22 MST 2005

I had seen several inquiries regarding the message waiting reminder
beep on Polycom phones. since I do not use voicemail myself on my
Polycom it did not affect me. But I have since had several customers
complain about it, inlcuding my boss this week. I figured there would
be a flag somewhere to turn this on/off but was unable to locate one.
So I did the next thing and changed the beep to be silence. perhaps
someone has a more straightforward method but his works easily.

In your sip.cfg file replace

<MESSAGE_WAITING se.pat.misc.1.name="message waiting" se.pat.misc.
1.inst.1.type="chord" se.pat.misc.1.inst.1.value="1" se.pat.misc.
1.inst.2.type="chord" se.pat.misc.1.inst.2.value="2" se.pat.misc.
1.inst.3.type="chord" se.pat.misc.1.inst.3.value="1"/>

with

<MESSAGE_WAITING se.pat.misc.1.name="message waiting" se.pat.misc.
1.inst.1.type="silence" se.pat.misc.1.inst.1.value="1"/>

and enjoy the peace and quiet, the light will still light, stutter
will still work, just will not give the internittant beep.