[Asterisk-Users] OT: Softphone with Bluetooth support for *

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Fri Nov 18 14:37:50 MST 2005

> In order to clarify some afirmations :
> - You can control DIAX from a BT enabled phone (dial, display callerID,
> on/off hook), but you cannot use the phone for the audio part. For this a BT
> headset can be used in the same time.
> - DIAX cannot control (yet) the bluetooth headset for on/off hook signals.
> You must connect the BT headset manually before using DIAX.
>
> Hope that some of those limitations will be eliminated in a future version of
> DIAX.

Thanks!!

Actually, I was hoping not use any phone at all. My idea was to install a
softphone on the laptop and use a standard BT headset without using any
cell phone at all.

My laptop doesn't have a decent quality speaker or mic, that's where the
headset comes in. I can then use the BT headset to walk around the room
and still make/receive VOIP calls from my regular number :)