[Asterisk-Users] FAX difference IAXModem / Hylafax and spandsp app_rxfax

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Fri Nov 18 12:50:03 MST 2005

> The TIFF -> PDF conversion is working fine, just the
> mime-encoding/attachment stuff to the email seems to be where i am
> having issues.  I am able to use the existing conversion stuff from the
> command-line.  I have metamail, uuencode, and base64-encode installed,
> but must be missing something :)

I fought this problem yesterday. I did not have base64-encoding or
mimencode. Once I put those on it still did not work. It turned out to
be the setup.cache file had a ENCODING='', once I changed it to
ENCODING='base64' it worked. That is used to generate the
Content-Type-Encoding header in the email.

- James