[Asterisk-Users] Re: ip phone

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Fri Nov 18 10:57:52 MST 2005

> Yep - I have one in my "junk" box. Maybe the SPA-841 would be
> a better choice for a few dollars more (haven't played with
> one personally, but everything I've heard says that they are
> much better than the GS BT's.)

Having used both phones, I'd go the other way. The GS BT is a significant
improvement over the SPA-841 both in terms of audio quality, physical
quality (particularly the feel of the buttons - everyone I've tried the -841
with has hated the rubbery buttons), and backlight. In a dimly-lit
environment (by that I mean anything apart from an office with brilliant
overhead lighting) the SPA is almost impossible to read.

Regards,

Chris