[Asterisk-Users] Re: ip phone

The VoIP Connection asterisk-biz at thevoipconnection.com
Fri Nov 18 10:03:59 MST 2005

Listen, we sell a lot of Budgetones so I'll admit to having an agenda here,
but I like to think I'm pretty honest and objective about product advice.
These phones got a bad rep based on early versions which admittedly had many
problems.  They now work quite well when configured properly.

No, they are not as good as a $200 Polycom (gasp!).  As far as being the
equivalent of a $10 k-mart phone, I'd like to see a $10 phone that has any
of these features - let alone ALL of them: backlit display, blind and
attended transfer, three-way calling, off-hook auto-dial, auto-answer,
speakerphone AND headset jack, custom ringtones (including one that
announces the caller ID), time and date display, the list goes on.

This phone is not suitable for all applications but it is not fair to say
that it doesn't work well or offer great value for the money. -Mike

Michael Crown
Managing Partner
www.thevoipconnection.com
321.989.6728 ext. 611