[Asterisk-Users] Remove older version of Asterisk

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 08:31:01 MST 2005

On 11/18/05, gc <garych at unidial.com> wrote:

> I have an older version (0.9.0) of Asterisk on my linux box. Do I need to
> remove it before I install version 1.2? How do I remove it? Does Asterisk
> make file contain the uninstall process? Or I have to manully remove all the
> directory structure.

 It is recommended that you remove the *.so files in your asterisk
modules directory prior to doing "make install" from the new 1.2.
Additionally, you'll want to review the upgrade texts for any config
file changes that may be necessary after the upgrade.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/