[Asterisk-Users] gpx-2000 early dial support

Leif Neland leifn at neland.dk
Fri Nov 18 07:30:32 MST 2005

---- Original Message ----
From: "Louis-David Mitterrand" <vindex at apartia.org>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 10:10 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] gpx-2000 early dial support

> The gxp-2000's lack of a dialplan (or did I miss it?) led me to
> activate its "early dial" option to avoid pressing "Send" after
> dialing. Thus the "dialplan" is controlled by asterisk.
>
> It creates an extension matching problem:
>
> exten => _00[1-9].,1,Macro(dialcapi)
>
> If I dial 0012 the extension is matched immediately. Is there a way to
> ask asterisk to wait a few seconds for more digits?

You seem to contradict yourself.

You want to call a few seconds after the last digit.

Why implement it in asterisk, when the phone is capable of doing that by
itself.
Let the phone decide when these few seconds has expired.
Remove the "early dial" again, and set the timeout in the phone.

My Grandstreams have 4 seconds digit timeout.

Leif