[Asterisk-Users] PSGW 2.2 Skype gateway?

Alejandro Vargas alejandro.anv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 04:56:27 MST 2005

2005/11/18, Francesco Peeters <Francesco at fampeeters.com>:
> > I think we will need to wait until someone hacked the skype
> > protocol... If there is someone interested on doing it.
> >

> Which is going to be a pain, as it is encrypted...  :-(
>
> Reverse-engineering may be the best option, and that is:
> 1) Not trivial
> 2) Not always legal
>
> /me sighs...
>
> I'll try getting my friends on to VoipBuster instead!  ;-)

¡Right!. Thiis is the explanation of why there is not an easy way to
link skype with asterisk.

But there is people still thinking on doing it, because switchng from
skype to voipbuster is as sifficult as switching from
micro$oft-messenger to jabber: there is no reason for not doing it,
but people doesn't.

On other way, I must accept that skype codec has a very good compression.
--
Alejandro Vargas