[Asterisk-Users] SER & Asterisk combination to get around NAT

Stuart Hirst stuart.hirst at holdentel.com
Fri Nov 18 02:55:40 MST 2005

Mark,

Thanks for your response.

The typical deployment is a single server in the customer location
directly on the end of an ADSL link with two Ethernet interfaces, 1 to
the ADSL modem and the other to the LAN. The LAN side is fine and is as
normal but many customers have remote users or remote small offices that
may have more than one SIP device behind NAT.

What I am trying to establish is how successful SER is at allowing
multiple remote SIP devices behind a remote NAT router to interact with
Asterisk and what issues need to be taken into account such as MWI and
or codec's.

I have been using Asterisk for quite some time but have not played with
SER yet and so does anyone have some sample SER configs to work in this
type of deployment.

Stuart