[Asterisk-Users] Speech recognition or TTS with Asterisk?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Nov 17 21:55:43 MST 2005

>Hello,
>I am interested in TTS with Asterisk.
>Anyone implemented this port?
>Thanks in adbvance,
>John B

While not being true "TTS", there are efforts by LumenVox to
incorporate speech recognition into Asterisk.  They were at Astricon,
and they also were present at IP4IT in the Digium booth on
Monday/Tuesday of this week.

I have spoken with Gerd Graumann at LumenVox, and he says that they
are planning for a Q1 release.  While I don't have any written
details, there were discussions about making a single-user license
"very affordable", which probably means $50 or less I suspect.  This
would be a native Linux environment for all components.  Again, while
I have no specific details, I believe that Digium is working with
them to develop a dialplan application that would allow specific
word-matching rules to be easily built.

http://www.LumenVox.com/

JT