[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk voicemail responses - feature?

Anthony McCarthy mccarthy at prkvw.com
Thu Nov 17 23:14:46 MST 2005

I am using what I think is a standard out of the box Asteriskathome
setup, with voicemail,
and digital  receptionist etc I have recorded the names for each
extensions and they
show up as XXXivrrecording.wav in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds where XXX is
the extension number.

the response to a call say from PSTN is
receptionist (user presses # for first name directory)
directory (user presses 866 for Tom)
Allison responds "T-o-m if this is the person you are looing for please
press 1" (user presses 1)
Allison responds "The person at extension 221 is unavailable, please
leave your message after the tone"
etc.

I was expecting the 221ivrrecording.wav to kick in at some point but it
never does. Of course,
I would like to hear the recording rather than the 2-2-1

Am I missing something obvious?

Anthony