[Asterisk-Users] SIP INVITE IP address variable?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Nov 17 21:24:36 MST 2005

Perhaps this was already discussed in the archives, but due to the
generic nature of the keywords I've been unable to find it.  My
apologies if it's an easy answer.

I am looking for the variable or other method that will allow me to
determine (from within the dialplan) the IP address of the origin of
the SIP INVITE message for the current leg.  I know about $SIPURI -
this is not sufficient.  That describes the SIP URI of the original
requester.  I need to find the IP address which actually transmitted
the final INVITE to Asterisk, regardless of the URI or any of the SIP
headers.  Headers lie.  UDP packets don't.

Note: this is for any SIP INVITE, regardless of if the INVITE is
received in [general] or if it has a specific peer entry.

JT