[Asterisk-Users] multi tenant with queues

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 17:13:09 MST 2005

I'd like some feedback on my solution so far for using queues in a multi
tenant configuration. For most of the configuration files I've been able to
use a naming scheme for the context names, which works nicely for making
multi tenant fairly transparent. However that won't work for everything and
queues is one of them.

In queues.conf the naming scheme will work for defining a queue. It won't
work for the agents though as they all have to have unique names. My thought
is to create a pool of available agent numbers, and the web gui for the
tenants will let the tenant pick the agent numbers they want to assign out
of the pool. As numbers are used they are taken out of the pool, and as they
become available they go back into the pool. The downside to this is that a
tenant won't get to pick the exact numbers they want, but that doesn't seem
like too much of a compromise for a multi tenant system.

Anyone have any better ideas?

Chris